Thursday, July 2, 2009

Injuries galore!

I have my sources. lol.

Apparently the new rules are requiring, well, read this;

The girls were being asked to STICK their tumbling passes. Mattie was looking amazing. Stuck her passes. Her coach said NO more. BARTA and Steve made her do another one (her last tumbling pass) and when she landed she sprained BOTH ANKLES. She has been sent home early. She went to the hospital and they said no broken bones but definitely sprained ligaments. Before the injury Mattie was looking phenomenal and hitting everything.

Lunging after a tumbling pass is now considered a step and the gymnast could be deducted anywhere from .1 to .3.

Wow....That's just retarded. Way to make the sport die out for aspiring girls even more than it already has. *claps*

What do you guys think on this matter?

4 comments:

  1. This is, such, bs. Lunging has been acceptable since the START of Gymnastics?!!??!?! How can they just do this!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mere, it's Maddie.
    I do think that that's ridclious. That stinks. I LOOOVE floor but that's gonna be hard.
    I landed short on a layout the other day and it hurt. (Lol I know it's sad but I just felt like sharing)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think lunging is a total cover for a step. Sticks should be required. If they take too muich risk of deduction, they can move to easier tricks (just like any strict enforcement). Note: this is beneficial BOTH from giving us manly athleticism AND from appealing to the crowd, which understands "sticks".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Note to coaches: DON'T! I repeat DON'T! Push your gymnasts too hard. If they get hurt because of the pressure, it's your fault.

    ReplyDelete