Friday, March 20, 2009

Randy Stageberg!

Randy Stageberg is a senior international elite gymnast from Virginia, who competed in the 2007 & 2008 National championships, and also in the 2008 US Olympic Trials! She made her Senior Elite debut at the Japan/New Zealand friendship meet in Houston, Texas. Randy recently signed with the University of Florida to host her NCAA Career!

I got the chance to interview this amazing gymnast(Thank youuu, Facebook!), which you can read below! :)

http://www.gymngina.us/randy/pics/08trialsp/01.jpg

What was it like competeting Elite gymnastics?

Randy:


Elite gymnastics was the most challenging and rewarding experience i have ever had. I learned a lot about myself through it and i feel really honored to of been a part of it.


What is the hardest skill you've had to learn?

Randy:
Probably my double piked arabain. It was not the hardest skill for me, but it was the highest skill i have ever competed.

Any new skills?

Randy:
I am recovering from a shoulder injury. It has been 4 months since the surgery, so I still have a month or two to go.


http://www.gymngina.us/randy/pics/08natsf/01.jpg

How did you choose Florida?

Randy:
I lovedddd Rhonda she is amazing, and the girls are so sweet. I only took one visit and it was to Florida after I already committed...it just felt right.


What do you think will be your favorite part of NCAA Gymnastics?

Randy:

NCAA will be a more relaxed and fun than elite was. it will still be challenging but it is all team for the most part.
http://www.gymngina.us/randy/pics/08trialsf/04.jpg

Find more about Randy HERE.

Thank you so much, Randy! :)

1 comment: