Wednesday, November 19, 2008

More 'I Just wanted a brownie!' Stories.

As LBL Gymnastics has reported, lots of people affiliated with the Karoyli's have started talking about the abuse the gymnasts had to endure, and if they were gymnasts themselves, what they had to go through. Coaxed out of the darkness by Dominique "I just wanted a Brownie!" Moceanu, lots of new abuse stories have been coming out. Emelia Eberle said quote ""Nobody's perfect, so obviously we did mistakes. And we, you know, just got smacked everywhere from Bela -- on all our body parts. You know, he has huge hands and it hurts," Kollar said. "I had blood coming out of my body. I had my ears -- my skin ripped behind my ears. I had pus behind my ears, but, you know, nobody seemed to care." Rodica Duncam, a romanian gymnast has also come out of the Training Center, to tell her side of the abuse story. In an article in ProSport magazine, she said: "On certain days, we were hit until blood was pouring out of our nose. You can say it was a concentration camp. Or even a prison."

Let me interrupt there. **I have removed the statement written here, sorry.**

Geza Pozar, the choreographer for the Karoyli's gymnasts, also has claimed he's seen abuse in the gym from the Karoylis. (Maybe he baked delicious brownies and had no gymnasts to give them to?) "I saw all the activities that went on. Of course I saw the beating and the abuse, you know, as Trudi told you," Pozar said. (Hmm. He sounds like a smarty. Maybe he ate those brownies, and they "Accidentally" fell in to the green grass?)

I can see Marta Karoyli abusing, but not Bela. He seems too encouraging and whatnot to do that.
But defintely Marta. That lady scares the crap out of me.

Thanks for reading!!

5 comments:

  1. I think it is sad that people could lie about that sort-of stuff. Bela is a big teddy bear! I've actually met the man twice, and he is so friendly, funny, and huggable! Marta is to. Just wrong if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No disrespect to your opinion, but the term concentration camp does not refer simply to those used by hitler in second world war, but to any kind of internment camp for political prisoners, including those who disagreed with communism, or any of the dictatorial edicts Ceacescu meted out to his people in Romania.
    It is entirely likely, Kollar, having grown up in that very, very turbulent era of Romanian history would have a very good idea of what a concentration camp is considering the hundreds of thousands of Romanian people who were locked up in them during the communist period for the slightest word against the regime. Why do you think Nadia Comaneci fled?
    You will also find, if you knew more about Romanian history that in fact many young sportspeople were not necessarily voluntarily training in their field. Many of them were sent to centralized sports schools by parents bowed under political oppression and the financial destitution that came with communism. These schools fed, clothed and educated the children in return for sporting success. The children, if they found they no longer enjoyed the training, or wanted to compete, could not always return home because their parents, in that current political and economical climate could not afford to feed or house them. They saw there parents once or twice a year.
    Wether you believe Karolyi or not, which in my opinion you would be unwise not to be at least slightly doubtful of his professed ignorance to any kind of wrongdoing, you should at least educate yourself enough to be aware that these were not happy times these girls trained in before you attack them for making these statements or before you claim to know how it was for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strong statement...a little too strong I say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, I understand what you're saying, and I should have done my research, but what I was stating is that it wasn't the Nazi concentration camp that happened during World War II, and I got offended quickly when she said that. Thank you for correcting me and helping me get my facts straight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Either way, whatever they went through was NOTHING like a concentration camp. I'm sure plenty of political prisoners, from any of these forced interment camps, would have WISHED that the worst problem they had was getting hit.

    ReplyDelete