Friday, October 24, 2008

Gymdog Report.

So, while I was in Atlanta visiting my grandparents, my mom and I went to go observe a Gymdog practice.

Everyone looks GREAT!

Courtney McCool has tendinitis in her foot, and has been unable to do floor for weeks and it has not been improving, unfortunately. (Get better Court..NOW!) I got to see her new Switch-Leap Onodi, and it's beautiful! I got to see a dance-through of her floor, it is so pretty, as always. She also has got a Geinger on bars, it's pretty.

And, OMIGOSH, Cassidy Mccomb is doing the Moonwalk on the beam. Yes, THE Moonwalk. Nikki's Moonwalk! Cassidy also has a cool hip-hop/ballet kind of thing going on for her floor. Cassidy also has gotten a full-in, it's sooo high.

Grace is keeping her flexibility move in her beam routine, which, of course I already knew because I'm friends with her on Facebook and we keep in touch. (Long friendship from SC.) Grace's beam also has a back-pike and a front aerial straight into a back layout step-out. Dismount is still BHS step-out, BHS two-foot, Dbl. Twist. Her floor is beautiful, very classical-themed, she has incorporated a lot of her flexibility in to it. Also, on bars, her highbar to lowbar transition has been connected to her shoot to high-bar straight into the kip-comaneci release. Double layout still the dismount.

Abby Stack's floor routine is so cool. It's, like, racer-themed, so there's lots of motor stuff in there, it's great. She does her Dbl. twist, front tuck onto her knees, it's very cool. Her bars look great. Didn't see her practice vault or beam.

Ah, Courtney Kupets..Where to begin? She's back. Floor is awesome, although she's still keeping the Double Arabian. Not a good idea, IMO. Her floor is cool, it's hard to tell you about. Beam looks great, she's getting rid of the risky mount she performed last year. She's doing a gainer full as a dismount, connected with a switch leap, gainer layout step out. It's awesome. Her vaults are lookign great, she stuck most of them in training.

The freshies look great, Amber Trani's sooo muscular in person. I always thought she was sooo skinny and had an ED, I mean, ya know, 'cuz she comes from Parkettes, but a person with a ED does not have all those muscles, lol. She's got an awesome vault. Her floor music is 'Bad to The Bone', haha, it's so rocker-ish.

Paige Burns did some good vaults, then went to the training room, and came out fully dressed and looked like she was about to burst into tears, while talking to HC, Suzanne Yoculan. Poor girl.

OH! And Tito (Tito = Tiffany Tolnay) is doing great..Her Double Arabians and double pikes are sky high, she's back with a vengeance. She also died her hair a dark brown. I can't figure out whether I like it or not.

Hilary Mauro has upgraded her floor with a RO immediate Double Arabian. Also has a Double layout for her dismount on Bars. Marcia Newby also has upgraded her bars with a double layout.

Hmm, what else. I got an autographed 'All In For Ten' poster, as if that was interesting to y'all.

I'll edit this post if I have anything else to report to y'all.

Peace out, home skillet biskitsss.

5 comments:

  1. Cool, thanks for the report. Kupets beam sounds awesome, can't wait to see it. I'm shaking my head at "Bad to the Bone" and Abby Stack's "racer theme" floor. I mean if it works for them then good I guess but ...meh. Georgia loses me with their floor picks soemtimes. Gutted for McCool, hope she comes back soon, I dream of her doing AA her senior year and winning NCAA's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'd be great for Courtney McCool, Liz.

    I like the Gymdog's floor music picks and choreography, because it really gets the crowd involved in it. But it's your opinion, so to each her own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah if it works for them, their floors are okay - I actually didn't completely hate Abby Stack's robot one from last year. I'm just a purist, I think you can still be crowd pleasing and artistically interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a lot of fun, I am so jealous!!
    All of their floors sound great!! I really hope McCool will get better soon!

    ReplyDelete