Sunday, October 26, 2008

Shawn Johnson..Samantha Peszek..Just a little bit alike?

I just now noticed that Shawn and Sam have similar styles in Gymnastics. Maybe Sam wants to be like Shawn..? It often seems like Samantha tries to upgrade her skills that she has in common with Shawn. I might be totally wrong, but it's an idea. Both are amazing gymnasts, and I totally respect what they do, but just have a look here:

Such as:

Vault:

Shawn-Amanar, very powerful.
Sam- DTY, Rumored to be training and Amanar, also very powerful.

Bars:

Shawn- Jaeger, Geinger, and a Dbl. Twisting Dbl. Layout (Right? Not sure about this.)
Sam: Jaeger, Geinger, Dbl. Twisting dismount.

Beam:

Shawn-3 skill flight series(BHS, BHS, Two-foot Layout), Standing Full, Switch leap to Layout step out, Layout two feet. Full twisting Double Back dismount.

Sam: 3 skill flight series(Front aerial, BHS, Layout step out), Standing full to a back pike, Jumpy-thingy to a switch leap layout step out, Double pike dismount.

No similarities in the dismounts, but it seems to me like beam is probably their closet event in comparison of the skills.

Floor:

Shawn- Tucked double-double, Whip immediate triple twist, FHS front full FHS Double? One and a half? not sure, RO Double twist, End with Full in.

Sam: I haven't really watched much of Sam's floor, but I've seen a lot of similarities not just in the tumbling, but choreography, as well.

I love both of them to death, and they're both such good gymnasts!

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03Bb9Po3Tca7N/610x.jpg
(Samantha Peszek executing a bar routine.)

http://a.abcnews.com/images/WNT/ap_shawn010_070914_ssh.jpg
(Shawn Johnson.)

3 comments:

  1. I've actually always thought Sam wanted to be like Alicia, with the way she follows her around and imitates her style/choreography - but in build and skills, she definitely resembles Shawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Liz. That's what it seemed like to me. But you do have an interesting point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Avrill but i changed my email address so new blog channel! Just thought you would like to know! :)

    ReplyDelete