Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dawgs Win...

...Barely. Seriously. A 145 against West Virginia? I love every collegiate team, and I think they're amazing, but WV just isn't..well. Later. Anyways, I'll give y'all run-throughs of the meet, starting with the Seniors, going to the Freshies. Tomorrow is Sunday, so I'll post to buttload of videos I got from the meet onto Youtube. I'm actually uploading Courtney K's bars right now.

So, here we go:


Seniors
(Abby. Paige. Courtney. Tiffany.)

Paige Burns- In her only event, Beam, she fell on a cat leap connected to a switch leap thingy that I'm not sure the name is. I got the video, but my stupid camera cut off after her fall, so I will not be uploading it.

Abby Stack- Fell on her straddle Jeager, right onto her stomach. Got a video of that, but once again, stupid camera cut off after the fall. (What the...?!) Floor = Awesome. Captured that on video, def will be posting that!!

Tiffany Tolnay- Vault had a large step, but she overcame her fear, so GO TITO!! Videotaped it, planning on uploading. Bars was ah-mazing, scored a 9.90, totally posting that. Beam, she missed a back tuck following a jump series, Suzanne did not look pleased. Of course, my camera wouldn't work, but Oh, well. Didn't compete floor, probably to protect the shoulder.

Courtney Kupets- Two Words; She's. Back. Vault was freaking scary, she landed with her left (Or right?) leg straight, looked like she popped a kneecap or something. Bars was phenomenal, should have gotten a Ten. One judge actually did give her a 10.0, but she got a 9.975. Beam was good, almost fell on a full turn, I got video, but *Shocker* my camera didn't work 'till her flight series. Floor was nerve racking to wait for, her being the anchor and all, but she nailed every tumbling pass for a 9.950. (Woot.) Got it ALL on tape, def uploading every single bit. :D



Juniors
(Grace. Courtney. Lauren. Lauren. Marcia.)


Grace Taylor- Amazing beam, almost stuck the dismount, scored herself a 9.825. Had a great floor routine, except for stumbling and putting her hands down on her final tumbling pass, a RO BHS 2.5 twist. Got it all on tape....stupid camera didn't get her floor 'till right before her first tumbling pass! Rawr. >:o

Courtney McCool- Out with a stress fracture...boo! We're crutch buddies, lol.

Lauren Sessler- Good vault, large step backwards. Exhibitioned on bars, something was off on her mount, and she over arched causing her to kill he momentum, and then she had to jump down. Double layout dismount was very nice.

Lauren Johnson- Did not compete vault at this meet, but will hopefully step up for the GymDogs next weekend at LSU.

Marcia Newby- What is with her step on vault?! She's basically like Samantha Peszek, lol! She is sooo powerful on it, though. It's 'mazin'. Bars looked nice, double layout was fantabulous. Floor was phenomenal, 9.6, she had a cool floor routine. My personal fave being her whip, double full. :) My camera was acting up during all her routines, which really annoyed me.

Sophmores
(Cassidy. Hilary.)

Cassidy McComb- Vault was good!!! :D Did not compete bars. Beam was great, I realllly wanted to get it on my camera, but, wow, what a surprise, it wouldn't work. She did the moonwalk. Nikki Childs *THE* moonwalker was there, and her face was priceless. She was like, "Psh. Yeah. I invented that." Floor was so cool! I thought she was upgrading to a full-in for her first pass, but I guess it's not meet ready yet, so she opened with a double pike. Got vault and floor, will upload. :)

Hilary Mauro- Leadoff on vault, stuck a Yurchenko full. First routine of the whole season..must be a good sign! Bars was great, she landed on the edge of the mat on her dismount (Double Layout) and was kind of forced to take a step otherwise some ankle problems could have come from that. Beam was nice front tuck, extremely high & solid. Floor: plopped on her butt on her RO double arabian a la Sammy Peszek. Recovered nicely and finished up strong. Videotaped floor. You can guess why I didn't get any other routines.

Freshies
(Amber. Gina. Kathryn. Mariel.)


Amber Trani- Did not compete..back injury?

Gina Nuccio- Performed bars, did not do anything else, due to a rolled ankle, according to Doug Mcavvin(sp?). (Talked to him after the meet.) She connects a full piroutte to a Geinger straight into a bail. Full in dismount- Stuck. Videotaped it, TBA when uploaded.

Kathryn (Kat) Ding- Competed bars. Had a nice full pirouette to Thatchev. Pulled in on her Pak Salto, a la Nastia Liukin, and almost landed in a front support, and had to do a couple extra lowbar swings and whatnot to get herself back into the groove. Pulled in on her Double Layout dismount. Got that on my camera, dunno I I'll upload.

Mariel Box - Out with a *Something* crucial ligament tear. Somewhere in the knee..no not an ACL.

Well. We've discovered that Georgia doesn't look as good as expected, but is still ah-mazing..and that I need a new camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment