Tuesday, January 20, 2009

No. 4 Gymdogs Defeat No. 3 Utah Utes.

Utah made a road-trip to Athens to visit the feared UGA Gymdogs.

Here is the run down, again going from Seniors to Freshmen.

Paige Burns- Fell on beam, on the same leap connection as the last home meet. I personally think that she is really just subsituting for McCool while she's out.

Abby Stack- Had a rough warmup on bars, she missed her blind change in her first warm-up routine, slipping and was grabbing the bar with only one hand, and flew off the bar and landed in a left split. Looked like she was about to cry. Hit her Blind Change to Jeager connection in competetion, though, great comeback from the warmups. Floor was great, a little bit under-rotated on the Triple, but otherwise an ah-mazing routine.

Courtney Kupets- 9.975 Vault. No explanation needed there. Bars should have been a 10, like I said before at WV. I love her Shaposh so much. Beam was nice and solid intill the dosmount, where she missed her connection, and almost fell on her gainer layout, step out. Floor was great, I almost thought she was about to fall on her butt after the Double arabian. Pulled in on the shushanova(sp?) great ending double pike.

Tiffany Tolnay- Hit her 1.5 yurchenko..YAYYYY GO TIFFY! Scored a 9.9! Bars was good, pulled in on the Jeager, and that was really the only deduction except for a step on the dismount. 9.9. Beam was alright, hit her straddle jump back tuck connection, but almost fell on front tuck. Stuck dismounters. Not sure the score. Great floor, double arabian was ah-mazing.

Grace Taylor- Bars scored a 9.925, would have been a ten had she not struggled on one of her stalders. Beam was good, had a tiny wobble on the gainer layout following her leg-up full turn. Stuck dismount. 9.9. Good floor, saved the whip through to double pike from going out of bounds. Same goes for the double tuck. Made the 2.5!! Yeah, Gracie!

Courtney McCool- Still out. Boo. We talked about how much we hate our crutches. *NodNod* It was funny.

Marcia Newby- She really needs to pint her toes. I know she is pointing them, but it doesn't really look like it. :/ And get her leaps up. She was great, almost stuck vault, nice Thatchev and good opening double pike on floor.

Lauren Sessler- Had good vault. Same as usual.

Hilary Mauro- Stepped on the vault, yurchenko full. Great beam set, I really am falling in love with her front areial straddle jump connection. Hit her double arabian on floor!!! Go Hilly!

Caissidy McComb- Nice 1.5 Yurchenko, teeny hop. Missed a twisting jump connection. Floor was cool, she upgraded her last 1.5 to front tuck to a front pike.

Kat Ding- Exhibtioned on bars. Hit the pak. Woo, Kitty Kat! Way to go!

Mariel Box- Out.

Amber Trani- Did not compete. Back must still be irritating her.

Gina Nuccio- Competed bars and hit the gienger/overshoot connection. Woot!

So, that's all.
I got a picture with the big stuffed animal bulldog thingy! That was cool.

4 comments:

  1. You talked to Courtney McCool? Thats awesome.

    Why is she on crutches? And why are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for the comment!

    Courtney McCool was on crutches for a stress fracture in her foot, and I'm on crutches for just a plain ol' fracture.

    Sorry I didn't get back to you quickly, My grandparents computer wouldn't let me post comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw that stinks, I hope you're off our crutches soon! I think I posted on this blog before as Rose. Thats me too and gymgirliexo and im gymgymgymnast08 on chalkbucket. I think you're on there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright, Cool! I'm deffo on the ChalkBucket-Nightflare514 is my name! I don't post as much as I used to, though, been busy with montage making, blogging, etc.

    But thanks for all the commentos! :)

    ReplyDelete